Sunday, July 17, 2016

The gayest time of my life

By gay, I do mean happy, but I also mean super queer, men in heels, rainbows everywhere G-A-Y. You guessed it: yesterday was San Diego Pride. I went in feeling excited, but not nearly excited enough. I had a glorious, wonderful day full of new experiences and people. Here are a few of the highlights for your reading pleasure.
Happy gay thing number one: everyone was like me! Well, obviously there were a lot of straight allies there as well, but everyone accepted me, and they didn't bat an eye at the mostly naked men shaking what their mamas gave them or the same-sex couples kissing everywhere. They were all truly my people, and I felt like I belonged. So many of them shared their own journeys with me and welcomed me with crazy, sometimes drunken, love. It was very emotional, and I cried tears of joy. 
Happy gay thing number two: GIRLS. I went to my first women's bar, and kissed my first girls (and yeah, I liked it). I danced for hours with a bunch of women who love women, and I couldn't believe how free I felt, since the dancing was mostly sexy sexual grinding. I felt out of place at first, but then I told myself, hell yeah. This is me, this is Jay with a drink in her hand and a cute girl getting all up on her on the dance floor. It isn't something I'd do often, but hey, that girl asked for my number, and I really liked her. Even if nothing comes of it, I am so glad I let go last night, and did what I wanted.
Happy gay thing number three: It will only get better for me as I put the B in LGBTQ+. I feel so safe being myself here, and I know there are so many more Pride events to come. I am a part of a family I never knew, and now that I have met them, my elation and gratitude are overflowing.
I am proud to be a bisexual woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment