Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I'm not straight

I've moved to another country and I am meeting lots of wonderful new people. During the various getting-to-know-you conversations, I've noticed that there are a few questions people usually ask when they find out I'm bisexual/queer. Today I had a realization about one of these questions, and I'd like to share it to clear some things up.
"If you've never slept with/dated a woman, how do you know you're bi?" Ah, the technicalities. I guess it's not enough to say that I'm physically attracted to women or I've been romantically interested in one, cause apparently that's not concrete enough. I was feeling frustrated until my brain came up with this response: "how did you know you were straight before you slept with a member of the opposite sex?"
Really, it's that simple. It just is. Like you innately knew, I innately know. I realize that some people can't relate to feeling this way about the same sex or more that one sex, but ya gotta just use your imagination for heaven's sake.
I want somebody to love, and that person could be a woman. I'd like that. I like boobs. Boobs are great. And on that note, dear internet, I am off on a date with a man. Cause I like all genders equally. They also ask that one a lot. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment